How To Make Methi - Aloo Pocket Parathas
Quite a different one from the usual stuffed parathas. I enjoyed making this pocket parathas. Kids enjoyed it thoroughly even though it had chopped fenugreek leaves in the stuffing.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Methi - Aloo Pocket Parathas
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Methi - Aloo Pocket Parathas
- 2 cups - Whole wheat flour
- 1tbsp - Oil
- 3 - Potatoes (cooked & mashed)
- 1/2 cup - Fenugreek leaves (chopped)
- 2 - Green chillies(chopped)
- 1tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp - Amchur powder
- Oil as required
Steps to make Methi - Aloo Pocket Parathas
- Take the wheat flour, oil and salt together in a bowl, add the warm water and knead everything to get a stiff and smooth dough, keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat a few drops of oil and saute the chopped fenugreek leaves until they shrinks a little bit.
- Add in the cooked and mashed potatoes, saute fenugreek leaves, chopped green chilies, garam masala powder, amchur powder and salt. Mix everything well and keep aside..
- Make medium sized balls from the dough. Flatten them as parathas with the rolling pin.
- Spread a little more than 1/4 cup of the filling on one half of the paratha, leaving about 1/4 inch border around the rim. Fold the dough in half over the filling and press to seal the edges.
- Heat a tawa, drop this methi & aloo pocket paratha over the hot tawa, drizzle few drops of oil. Cook on both sides until the parathas gets well cooked.