How To Make Spaghetti alla puttanesca
This dish is a very quick and easy preparation and my kids enjoy thoroughly the tangy, spaghetti. Instead of normal tomatoes, I use cherry tomatoes which makes a huge difference in the taste of this dish. You can skip anchovy fillets by using soya granules or tuna fish if you dont like anchovies.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Spaghetti alla puttanesca
How To Make Pasta Dough
Ingredients to make Spaghetti alla puttanesca
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Red chilly (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 or 4 Anchovy fillets (drained from oil)
- 400 gms - Chopped tomatoes
- Handful of black olives (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp - Capers
- 200 gms - Spaghetti
- 1 small bunch Parsley or 2 sprigs - Basil (finely chopped)
- Olive oil as required
Steps to make Spaghetti alla puttanesca
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the garlic for one minute, stirring constantly. Add the chili and anchovies and fry for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and capers to the frying pan.
- Stir so everything is well mixed together. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of salted boiling water according to the pack’s instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the sauce pan, switch off the heat.
- Tip in the tomato sauce and mix well until the spaghetti is coated. Serve with chopped parsley or basil.