Kashmiri Dahi baigan
- 500 gm - Brinjals / Baingan
- 2 cup - Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 tbsp - Fennel Seeds / Saunf coarsely crushed
- 1.5 tsp - Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 4 Green - Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1.5 tsp - Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp - Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 2 tbsp - Water / Paani
- 1/3 tsp - Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp - turmeric/haldi (optional)
- To taste Salt / Namak
- Wash and wipe brinjals and chop into medium size cubes
- Heat oil in a broad pan and deep fry the brinjal cubes on medium heat
- Fry till they become golden in colour .
- Drain the fried brinjals on a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil.
- In a heavy and wide cooking pan add mustard oil.
- Mix all the dry spices with 2 tbsp water and keep aside.
- Add green cardamom and asafoetida in the hot oil and when cardamom start crackling add the spice mixture in it.
- Give it a stir and then add the whisked yogurt
- Keep stirring to avoid curdling.
- When it start boiling then add the fried brinjal pieces.
- Cook on medium heat for abour 5-6 minutes.
- When it start to thicken and brinjal pieces become soft then its done.
- Serve hot with roti or steamed rice