How To Make Murgh Gilafi Seekh Kebab.
Kebabs cooked with a Gilaf which means a Cover. Chicken mince mixed with fragrant Indian spices, nuts and cheese, finished with a Gilaf of Onion ,Tomatoes and Capsicum accompanied with Onion Laccha Salad and Spicy Mint-coriander-yogurt chutney.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time3Hours
Key ingredients for Murgh Gilafi Seekh Kebab.
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Murgh Gilafi Seekh Kebab.
- Chicken mince very fine - 500 gm.
- Brown onion paste - Äµ th cup
- Ginger Paste - ï†¾ th tbsp.
- Garlic Paste - ï†¾ th tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp.
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp.
- Lemon juice - 1 Äµ tbsp.
- Almonds blanched peeled and coarsely ground - ï†¾ tbsp.
- Cashew nuts coarsely ground - ï†¾ tbsp.
- Fresh coriander finely chopped - ½ bunch (medium sized)
- Green chillies finely chopped - 4
- Chicken fat - 60 gms
- Egg - 1 (Optional)
- Thick cream/ cream cheese/ processed cheese - 1 & ½ tbsp.
- Kewra water/ screw-pine natural edible essence - 1 tsp
- For the Gilaf/Outer covering: Onion finely chopped - 40 gms
- Tomatoes deseeded chopped - 40 gms
- Capsicum finely chopped - 40 gms
- For basting the chicken pieces: Pure ghee - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- For Sprinkling: Lemon Juice - 1
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- For accompaniments: Onion laccha salad
- Mint - coriander - yogurt chutney
Steps to make Murgh Gilafi Seekh Kebab.
- Mince the ingredients, set aside for 2 ½ hours (Can also be refrigerated) If prepared in the Oven at 165°C for 10 minutes. If prepared in a Tandoor – 07 minutes should be enough.
- Squeeze out the excess of moisture from the chicken mince, if the moisture content is more in the kebabs, they will not hold the seekhs.
- Mix the mince with brown onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt- to taste, red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, almonds, blanched, peeled and coarsely ground and cashew nuts coarsely ground too.
- To that mixture add fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, green chilies, finely chopped, chicken fat, egg (optional), thick cream/cream cheese/processed cheese and kewra water/screw-pine natural edible essence.
- Keep aside for 2 ½ hours. (May be refrigerated)
- For the gilaf / covering:
- In a platter mix together the finely chopped onions, tomatoes and capsicum. Divide the chicken mince mixture into 8 balls and roll into elongated lengths, then roll these kebabs over the gilaf mixture, ensuring that they are bound properly
- Wooden skewers may be used, provided they are soaked in water for 8-10 minutes i.e. shape the chicken mince mixture along the length of the skewers and coat with the gilaf mixture.
- Roast in the tandoor for 7 minutes.
- If you are using an oven then roast it for 10 minutes at 160°C.
- Keep basting the kebabs with melted ghee to prevent it from drying.
- For serving the kebabs: In a serving plate, serve the kebabs very hot sprinkled with lemon juice and accompanied with onion laccha salad and mint-coriander-yogurt chutney.