Moong daal ki khasta kachori
How to make Garam Masala
- Yellow lentil/Moong daal- 3/4 cup
- Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
- Green chilies chopped-1.5 tsp
- Mint leaves chopped- 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander chopped- 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds/saunf crushed- 2.5 tsp
- Coriander seeds crushed- 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder- 2.5 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Mango powder-2 tsp
- Ginger grated- 2 tsp
- For the dough-
- Refined flour/maida- 350 gms *
- Cooking oil-1/2 cup
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Wash & soak the moong daal in water for 1 hour. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add in the fennel seeds, corinader seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida & chopped green chilies.
- Drain all the water from the soaked moong daal, add in the pan & saute. Pour in a cup of water along with salt, cover & cook on low heat.
- Add in rest of the spices, mash slightly. Add in chopped mint, coriander leaves & remove from the flame.
- In a wide bowl, add in the refined flour, baking powder, salt and mix. Pour in the cooking oil, lemon juice, rub and mix well.
- Make a soft dough, keep aside 20 minutes. Make equal size balls. Stuff with equal portion of daal mixture. Close from all the sides.
- Dust with dried flour & roll slightly to make a medium thick disc/kachori. Deep fry on medium heat.
- Fry till crisp and nice golden in colour on both sides. Drain on a paper napkin. Serve hot.
My Tip: You can use half of wheat flour and half of refined flour also.