Soya Chunk Biryani
How to make Ghee
- 35 - Soya Chunks
- 200 gms - Basmati Rice
- 1 - Tomato cut into 1/2
- 1 - Onion finely sliced
- 3 tbsp - Curd
- 1 tsp - Haldi | Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chilli Powder
- 8 - Lahsun | Garlic
- 3 - Green Chillies finely chopped
- 20 - Pudina | Mint Leaves
- 3 tbsp - Fresh Dhania | Coriander Leaves
- To taste Salt
- For Tempering :
- 1 tsp - Homemade Ghee | Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp - Olive Oil
- 1 tsp - Jeera | Cumin Seeds
- 1 - Lavang | Clove
- 1 - Bay Leaf
- 1 - Green Elaichi | Cardamom
- Preparing Soya Chunks: In a vessel add sufficient water and place it for boiling. Add 1/4 tsp Salt. When water comes to a boil, add soya chunks. After a minute switch off the gas.
- Let the soya chunks soak for 5 minutes. Wash them in cool water and gently squeeze them. Wash them again and squeeze excess water. Keep ready to use soya chunks aside.
- Preparing Rice: Wash and soak Basmati Rice for 30 minutes. Water must be double the quantity of the Rice.
- Transfer the soaked Basmati Rice and water to a non stick kadhai and place it on high flame. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the flame to low.
- Add 5 to 6 Pudina Leaves after gently tearing them to small pieces. Cover cook for 2 minutes and then switch off the gas. Basmati Rice should be half cooked.
- Preparing Soya Chunk Biryani In another non stick kadhai, heat oil and ghee. Add jeera, dal chini, lavang, elaichi and bay leaf. Saute for a minute.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute till the onions become translucent. Add green chilli, adrak, haldi, red chilli powder, salt and tomato. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add curd and mix well. When the mixture becomes a bit dried out, add soaked soya chunk and 1/4 cup water. Mix well.
- Add half cooked rice and gently fold in ensuring the rice grains do not break. Add the remaining Pudina Leaves. Tear these also to small pieces. Mix gently.
- Spread the Biryani across the kadhai and cover cook on as low flame as possible for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, check if rice is done. Else, cover cook for a minute.
- Switch off the gas and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped dhania.
- Serve hot along with Onion Raita.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.