How To Make Mughlai Channa Dal Pulav
A delectable and mildly spiced pilaf. A royal festive recipe for your family and Friends! Sure to love their heart!
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time45mins
Key ingredients for Mughlai Channa Dal Pulav
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Mughlai Channa Dal Pulav
- 1 cup - Rice approximately 200 gms
- 3/4 cup - Channa Dal approximately 150 gms
- 3 tbsp - Dahi | Yogurt
- 2 - Green Chillies slit
- 1 tsp - Adrak | Ginger julienne
- 1 tsp - Adrak | Ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbps - Fresh Dhania | Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp - Golden Kismis | Raisins
- 1 tbps - Kaju | Cashewnut broken into 4 Optional
- To taste Salt
- For Tempering :
- 1 tbsp - Homemade Ghee | Clarified Butter
- 1 tbps - Oil
- 10 - Kali Miri | Black Pepper
- 2 - Sukhi Lal Mirch | Dried Red Chilli
- 2 - Tej Patta | Bay Leaves
- 4 - Green Elaichi | Cardamom
- 3 - Lavang | Cloves
Steps to make Mughlai Channa Dal Pulav
- Wash nicely and soak rice and channa dal, separately, for atleast 20 minutes.
- In a thick bottom non stick pan, heat ghee and oil. Add all ingredients mentioned for tempering and let them crackle. Ensure they do not get burnt.
- Add slit green chillies, finely chopped adrak, broken kaju and drained channa dal.
- Saute for a minute and then add 2 & a 1/2 cups of water and let it come to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add whisked dahi, adrak julienne, raisins, salt and drained rice.
- Mix gently and cover cook on a low flame till Mughlai Channa Dal Pulav is done. Add little warm water, if required.
- Add chopped fresh dhania. Fluff pulav with a fork.
- Serve hot with plain dahi | Raita | Pickles or any Dal | Kadhi.