How To Make Barley salad
A healthy and very tasty salad alternative that you can prepare for a light dinner also.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Barley salad
- 200 grams barley
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 8-10 red cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cucumber finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- A dash of black pepper
- 8-10 basil leaves to garnish
- Handful of crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Barley salad
- Take a pan, pour in 3 cups of water along with the barley and salt. Let this simmer and cook for 40-45 mins till the barley is tender. You can precook this and keep aside before preparing this dish.
- Once the desired result is achieved, drain the barley and keep aside to cool.
- In the meantime, take a bowl and put in the tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, onion, and feta cheese. Mix well together then add in the barley and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the olive oil and vinegar along with pepper and salt according to taste. Give this dressing a good stir.
- Pour the dressing on top of the barley salad and toss well. Now cover the salad with a plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Tastes best when served cold.