- oil 4 tbsp
- onions 4 medium very finely chopped
- garlic paste 1 tbsp
- coconut 1/3 ground finely
- tomatoes 6 medium finely chopped
- jeera powder 1 heaped tsp
- haldi a large pinch chilli powder
- haldi a large pinch
- chilli powder 1 tsp
- Parsi sambhar masala 1 tsp (available at Parsi stores)
- water 1 cup
- sugarcane vinegar 2 tbsp (try Kolah's)
- sugar 1 tbsp add more to taste
- coriander leaves a bunch chopped
- To make the prawn patio, heat oil in a pan and fry onions till light brown. Then add the garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes before adding the coconut paste.
- Fry for a few minutes. Sprinkle water and stir constantly, so that the paste browns.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and other spices.
- Lower the flame and cook till the oil floats on top.
- Add the prawns and cook for a minute. In a cup, mix the sugar and vinegar and stir into the patia. Taste the patio, it should be sweet and sour.
- Adjust the seasoning as per your taste. Cook for 5 more minutes until the prawns are re cooked and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.