How To Make Khatta Dhokla
A white coloured dhokla with a sour tang of curd...tasty, low cal and virtually fat free.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time25mins
Key ingredients for Khatta Dhokla
How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
Ingredients to make Khatta Dhokla
- 1 cup Rice(any variety)
- 1/2 cup very sour curd
- water as required
- salt acc to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 1 teaspoon eno fruit salt (lemon)
- Green chillies-2
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- a pinch of asafoetida(heeng)
- 1/4 tsp oil
- Coriander and extra slit green chillies for garnish
Steps to make Khatta Dhokla
- Soak rice and urad dal for 4 hours, rinse, then grind in a wet grinder with minimal water , along with the ginger and green chillies. Add curd and mix well.
- Cover and leave to ferment overnight.
- The batter should be like idli batter.
- Now add salt, lemon juice and hing to it.Stir well.
- Take a flat bottomed vessel that fits into the pressure cooker and grease it very lightly with oil.Add some water to the pressure cooker and heat it for 6-8 mins.
- Add eno fruit salt at the last minute along with 1/4 tsp oil and mix well really quickly.
- Pour into greased pan and cover with foil tightly.
- Remove the whistle of pressure cooker and place pan inside it carefully.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes without whistle.
- Garnish with slit green chillies and coriander and serve