Microwave sesame seed laddus in 1 1/2 minute
- For the sesame seed mixture-
- ½ cup sesame seeds, roasted until fragrant
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- ¼ cup dalia (roasted chana dal), lightly crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- a small pinch of salt
- For the syrup-
- ¼ cup jaggery cut into very small pieces
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- To roll laddus-
- Ghee to grease palms
- To make the Microwave Sesame Laddus in 1 ½ minutes-
- Combine the sesame seed mixture and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or pie dish add the jaggery, molasses and water. Stir well and microwave for 1 minute.
- Microwave for 30 seconds again. The syrup reaches hard ball consistency at this point. To test this, in a bowl of water put a fat drop of the syrup. Roll it between your fingers and drop it on the counter or a hard surface.
- It should be of hard consistency, making a small sound when dropped. It took only 1 1/2 minute total in my microwave which is 1000W. (Could not put in 1 1/2 in the cooking time above )Individual timing may vary according to your microwave.
- Mix in all of the sesame mixture and combine well with the syrup.
- Grease your palms well with the ghee and roll the laddus.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
My Tip: Molasses when combined with regular jaggery gives a very deep and authentic taste to the laddus
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.