Ingredients to make Rabdi
- 1 and ½ liter Milk
- 9-10 Almonds sliced
- 9-10 Pistachios sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 5-6 strands of Saffron to garnish
Steps to make Rabdi
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil the milk on a medium heat.
- When the milk starts to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer. Remember to stir this once in 3-4 minutes.
- Once layers of cream appear, make sure to move it to the side of the pan.
- Continue cooking till the milk has reduced to 1/3rd of the original quantity.
- Now, put in the sugar and stir well. Next, add in the cardamom powder, sliced almonds and pistachios. Stir well so that all the ingredients blend together.
- Then, scrape the layers of cream collected on the side of the pan and put it into the milk.
- Cook for another 2 minutes before switching off the heat. Take it off the stove and let it cool down.
- Refrigerate this rabdi for a minimum of 1 hour before you serve it.
- Serve chilled with a garnish of saffron strands on top.