How To Make SPROUTED Black-Chickpea Mixed-Salad
Healthy food....Healthy body...
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time5mins
Ingredients to make SPROUTED Black-Chickpea Mixed-Salad
- 1 cup Sprouted Black Chickpeas
- 4-5 halved cherry Tomatoes (Sweet Snacking Tomatoes)
- 1 small green or red sweet Pepper, cut into small bite-size strips(1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thin red Onion wedges or chopped finely
- 1/2 cup small baby Carrots, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup diced Salad Cucumber
- 1 medium Beet - scrubbed, trimmed and cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 jalapeno/green chili, finely chopped
- 4 cups Romaine & Iceberg blend
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt n pepper
Steps to make SPROUTED Black-Chickpea Mixed-Salad
- For Sprouted Blackpeas:
- Wash and soak black chickpeas in plenty of water, overnight. They expand considerably, so place them in a big vessel.
- The next day drain and wrap in muslin or cheese or loosely woven cotton cloth.
- You can do sprouts either in a Sprout Maker or a just by hanging in a loosely woven Cotton Cloth.
- For SALAD:
- In a large bowl toss sprouted Black Chickpeas, halved cherry Tomatoes, sweet Pepper, Onions, Cucumber, Beet, Jalapeno, Salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Arrange Greens (Romaine & Iceberg blend) in a salad bowl.
- Top greens with the above Sprouted Chickpeas mixture.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt n pepper.