How To Make Ragi Methi Khakra
Healthy and diet friendly evening snack to munch during dieting days along with a cup of green tea.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Ragi Methi Khakra
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin / Jeera Powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Dried Fenugreek / Methi, crushed
- 1/2 - 1 Tsp Olive oil
Steps to make Ragi Methi Khakra
- Add ragi flour in a bowl along with wheat flour, cumin powder, chilli powder, dried fenugreek and salt.
- Combine together and knead to form a soft dough by adding olive oil.
- Cover and keep aside for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal sized balls.
- Take one ball and roll it into thin circle by dusting wheat flour using rolling pin.
- Using circle shaped cookie cutter or lid cut into shapes and keep aside.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- Heat a non stick tawa, simmer the flame and add one circle shaped dough on it.
- Cook both the sides till the air pockets pop out.
- Now take one clean thick cloth, press the khakra in a circular motion to avoid the formation of air pockets.
- Flip the other side and keep pressing till the khakra turns crispy.
- Once done, remove from the flame and repeat the process for the remaining circle shaped dough.
- Cool and store it in an air tight container.