Green Pea Savory Pan Cake
Pancake is an International breakfast that comes from American cuisine and is usually sweet in taste and combined with various other flavours like seasonal fruits, honey etc. In India the pan cakes are often known as Cheela/Chilla. The thin ones made with lentils are close to crepes and the thick ones made using various lentils or legumes are close cosines of pan cakes. Green Peas Pancake is one such healthy breakfast recipe that is made with green peas and combined with Indian flavours. The pancake here is savoury and eggless. With an addition of just a few drops of oil, green peas pan cake is perfect for all those who love to keep a check on their weight. Green peas pan cake is nutritious and a perfect recipe to make kids intake some healthy stuff like green peas. Serve Green Pea Pancake with Tomato Onion Chutney, Tomato Garlic Chutney or any other chutney of your choice for your breakfast or as a tea time snack.
- Prep Time15Hours
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- 1 cup green peas(fresh or frozen), boiled
- 2 tablespoons gram flour/besan
- 2 tablespoons rice flour/rice atta
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cottage cheese/paneer, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream, optional
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cooking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil for pan roasting
- To begin making the Green Pea Pancake recipe, take boiled peas and a very little water in a mixer grinder jar and grind to make a thick and fine paste.
- Collect the paste in a large mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients mentioned above expect oil.
- Mix all with a hand whisk to make a fine flowing batter. Check salt and adjust accordingly.
- Heat a non stick flat base pan and add few drop of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, wipe it off with a paper napkin such that the base is greased well.
- Take a medium scoop of green pea batter and drop in the centre of the pan and gently spread to make a thick pan cake.
- Add few drop of oil from sides, cover the lid and let the pan cake roast in low flame till it starts getting golden from below.
- Once the bottom side is roasted well, carefully flip the pan cake with a spatula and roast the other side by adding few drops of oil from sides again.
- Transfer the pan cake in a serving plate and serve hot. Serve Green Pea Pancake with Tomato Onion Chutney, Tomato Garlic Chutney or any other chutney of your choice for your breakfast or as a tea time snack.