Super Green Power Smoothie !! (V+GF+SF+PB)
Being fit and healthy means Being Strong.Whether your goal is to maintain a healthy lifestyle or minus off those few extra pounds, don't forget balanced nutrition is the key to success.Your Perfect well balanced post workout meal should have a lot of carbs, a decent amount of protein ( 6 to 20 grams is plenty), lots of antioxidants, and little fat :) The next time you want to feed your muscles right, you can’t fail with this Super Green Smoothie recipe.
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time5Minutes
- 1) 2 frozen Bananas
- 2) 1 cup of Organic Baby Spinach
- 3) 1 tbsp of Flaxseed meal
- 4) 1/2 cup of Strawberries (frozen/fresh)
- 5) 2 pitted Dates /stevia/ (honey for non vegans )---optional if you prefer sweeter
- 6) 1/2-1 cup of fresh coconut water/ any nut milk of your choice.I used homemade almond milk here.
- For toppings- here we used Pecans, coconut chips,strawberries & bluberries
- Chia seeds & Sunflower seeds.
- Blend first 6 ingredients except toppings in a powerful blender and blend to smooth pourable consistency.I like to have it in an bowl topped with fruits and nuts/seeds and eat with a spoon.
My Tip: --Get creative with your choice of toppings , it's super fun :)) -- You can choose to add 1/2 cup or 1 cup of coconut water/ nut milk based on your preferred consistency of smoothie. Tip --While exercise suppresses inflammation in the long term, the act of exercise damages your muscles. That’s why it’s always a good idea to include foods that support inflammation reduction, like those rich in antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids . Also you don’t want too much fat in the post-workout meal, because it’ll slow your digestion, so best is to avoid Dairy products :)