- Toor dal/ arhar dal/ thuvaraparippu/ pigeon pea - 1/3 cup
- Oil - 2 cup
- Vegetables of your choice - 1 1/2 cup
- Raw plantain - 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin - 1/2 cup
- Brinjal - 1/2 cup
- Phanch phutna - 1 tsp
- To make the roasted powder :
- Dry red chilly - 3
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the dal/lentil and keep aside. Chop the veggies of your choice, also keep that aside.
- Pressure cook the dal along with vegetables till they are done.Keep them aside.
- Meanwhile we can make the roasted powder. For that take your tadka pan and dry roast cumin seeds along with dry red chillies.
- Once they are roasted well ,transfer them into a blender and powder them.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai,once hot add in the panch phutana and allow them to pop up.
- Add into it the cooked dal along with veggies.Mix them well.
- Pour in the required amount of water as per your gravy consistency and requirement.( I used about 1-1 1/2 cups of water)
- Sprinkle salt to taste and turmeric powder. Bring them to a boil.
- Now sprinkle the dry roasted powder.Do a taste test and adjust the salt.
- Dalma is ready to serve and enjoy with rice
My Tip: You can also use potato ,onion,tomato,papaya,radish ,bean. Add as much as variety of vegetables as possible .It will surely enhance the taste of your our curry.