How To Make Adai/Lentil Dosa
Adai is a very famous South Indian dish which is made from a mixture of lentils and rice.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Adai/Lentil Dosa
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup mix lentils (toor dal urad dal channa dal)
- 5 to 6 dry red chillis
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida/hing
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Adai/Lentil Dosa
- Soak the rice and dal together for 2- 3 hours.
- Grind it to smooth paste along with red chilli, curry leaves, ginger, hing and salt. Note that the batter should not be thick nor watery.
- Heat a griddle or a non stick tawa and pour a ladle full of batter and spread it in a circular motion
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the adai. Let it cook for a while. Once cooked remove it from the tawa.
- Serve it hot with a side of coconut chutney.