How To Make Meethi Thepla (Indian Flat-Bread With Fenugreek Leaves)
Meethi Thepla is a very famous Gujarati snack bread.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Meethi Thepla (Indian Flat-Bread With Fenugreek Leaves)
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Meethi Thepla (Indian Flat-Bread With Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Besan (Chickpea flour)
- 1 cup Methi (Fenugreek) leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Curd
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Oil/Ghee as required to roast the theplas
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Meethi Thepla (Indian Flat-Bread With Fenugreek Leaves)
- Wash and chop the meethi leaves finely and set it aside.Take a big bowl, add in the wheat flour and besan along with all the masalas and mix well.
- Pour in oil and curd, rub and mix the flour nicely. Now add the methi leaves with little water and knead till the dough is smooth and soft.
- Grease your hands and knead it again until it gains a elastic texture. Then cover and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Make medium size balls of the dough and roll it to a disc of 6'' in diameter by dusting it in between with the dry flour.
- Heat a tawa and place the rolled thepla on the tawa and let it cook slightly on one side. Turn it to the other side and apply oil, then flip it and apply oil again, let it roast on both sides till it forms the brown spots.
- Prepare all the theplas in the same manner and stack them in a roti basket.
- Serve the theplas hot with pickle and yogurt.