Dahi and Pepper Chicken
- 500 gms boneless chicken cubed
- 250 gms dahi mixed with 250 ml water or 500 gms buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Black salt to taste
- Water depending on how much gravy you want
- In a cooking pot combine all the masalas with the dahi and whisk so that there are no lumps left.
- Add the chicken and leave for about 4 hours to marinate.
- Stir well, add water and put the gas on high.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and let cook until the chicken is tender.
- Enjoy with rotis, bread/ rice or even appams or dosa