Heart healthy green beans ki sabzi
- 2 cups fresh green beans chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
Heat oil very lightly in a non stick pan and add cumin seeds, dried red chillis and onion and saute till golden brown.
Now add turmeric powder,green chillies,dry mango powder,red chilly powder and coriander powder.
Immediately add beans and season with salt, next add water and cover the lid for 10-15minutes or until softened(cook for less time if you like your beans "crunchy").
Serve hot with chapatis and dal on the side.