How To Make Homemade Cheese Bread
A cheese bread was the only bread I knew how to bake until very recently. This is my dad's recipe.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time2Hours
Ingredients to make Homemade Cheese Bread
- 500 gms - maida/flour
- A pinch of salt
- 7 gms - dried yeast
- 1 tsp - honey
- 1 tsp - cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp - mustard powder
- 285 ml - warm water approx
- 200 gms - cheddar cheese (finely grated)
- 50 gms - Parmesan powder
- 100 gms - gouda cheese (finely grated)
- 3 tsp - milk
Steps to make Homemade Cheese Bread
- In half a cup of warm water put the yeast with a pinch of sugar and leave it to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in the yeast, honey, cayenne pepper, mustard powder. Gradually add enough water to form a soft dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead lightly for 5 minutes to make a smooth, pliable dough. Knead in the cheeses and then divide into two loaves.
- Cover loosely in a tea towel and leave to proof in a warm place for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Sprinkle a little flour in the baking tray and put the loaves in it and brush it with some milk.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Once baked, the underside of the breads should sound hollow when tapped.