How To Make Naarali Bhaat
I have made this recipe using a Pressure Pan method as followed by my grandmother. The biggest advantage of this method is that you save time and the grain remains intact.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Naarali Bhaat
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Naarali Bhaat
- 2 to 3 tbsp - Ghee
- 3 to 4 - Cloves
- 1 cup - Basmati Rice
- 1 cup - fresh scrapped Coconut
- 2 cups - hot Water
- 1 cup - grated Jaggery
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/4 tsp - Cardamom Powder
- 8 to 10 - Cashew Nuts
- 8 - 10 - Raisins
Steps to make Naarali Bhaat
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee and fry cashew and raisins. Set aside Wash rice and leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat ghee in the pressure cooker. Add cloves and rice and saute it for 3-4 minutes. Add scrapped coconut again saute for two minutes.
- Boil 2 1/4 cups of water. Add the boiling water to the Rice. Then add the grated Jaggery to it & give it a stir. Also add a pinch of Salt.
- Finally add the cardamom powder, fried cashews and raisins. Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Once the rice is cooked, open the lid of pressure cooker. Add some ghee from the sides. Once done fluff it with a fork.
- Pour Ghee on the Rice, garnish it with dry fruits & nuts and serve hot.