How To Make Iyengar Bakery Style Sandwich / Masala bread toast / Open masala sandwich
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Iyengar Bakery Style Sandwich / Masala bread toast / Open masala sandwich
- Sandwich bread : 4 nos
- Grated carrot : 1/2 cup ( 2 small carrots )
- Chopped onion : 2 tbsps ( 1 big)
- Chopped tomato: 2 tbsps ( 1 big )
- Red chilly powder: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly : 1 chopped
- Tomato sauce :1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Mustard seeds
Steps to make Iyengar Bakery Style Sandwich / Masala bread toast / Open masala sandwich
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds and wait till they crack.
- Add chopped onion, green chily and fry till the onions turn pink.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry.
- Add the grated carrot, salt, red chilly powder and mix.
- Cook on a low flame for 5 minutes, add tomato sauce ,mix well and switch off the flame.
- Add coriander leaves and mix.
- Heat a tawa, toast the bread with little butter on both sides.
- Spread 2 tbsps of filling on top of the bread.