Tomato Thokku / Thakkali Thokku
- Tomatoes : 1 kg
- Sesame oil: 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds : 1 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds : 1 tsp
- Asafoetida: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 2 tbsps
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder ; 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash & Puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When they pop, add the fenugreek seeds .
- Now add the tomato puree,Cuury leaves and mix well.
- Add the red chilly powder,turmeric powder,salt,asafoetida and mix well and let it boil.
- Cook on medium flame and stir occasionally until the tomato thokku becomes thicker.
- Remove from flame and let it cool .