How To Make Bhakri Pizza
An Indian wheat base baked pizza topped with vegetables and mozzarella cheese.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Bhakri Pizza
How to make Ghee
Homemade Pizza Sauce
How To Make Pizza Dough
Ingredients to make Bhakri Pizza
- 2 cups - Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon - Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 cup- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup- Vegetables (Corn, Capsicum, Onions)
- 500 grams - Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoon - Mixed Herbs
- 1 tablespoon- oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Bhakri Pizza
- In a bowl, sieve in the wheat flour and add oil, ghee, salt to it. Add little water to it and knead to form a stiff dough.
- Take a little oil, grease the dough and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Before making the bhakri, note to preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Take a lemon size portion of the dough and roll it into a flat bread. Note that the flat bread should be slightly thicker than a roti/chapati.
- Start by layering the pizza base with the homemade pizza sauce first. Then top it with a layer of the vegetables, followed by mozzzarella cheese on top and a sprinkle of the mixed herbs.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Cut into slices and serve it warm for best taste.
My Tip: I have baked the bhakri pizza in an oven, however you can also make it on a stove top in a skillet till the cheese melts.