Baked Apple Pie Roll Ups
Super simple to put together and tastes amazing, seriously! Nothing this easy should be allowed to taste this good! I love that these are oven baked and not fried! It’s also a fun recipe for the kids to make and also you can make these crispy warm bundles for any occasion.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time45Minutes
- For Apple Pie Filling:
- 4 medium apples
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- For Roll Ups:
- 10 slices white bread/Brown bread
- Apple pie filling
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- For making apple pie filling:
- Peel, core and chop apples.
- Melt butter and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in apples, sugar & 3 tbsp water.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until very slightly softened.
- In a small bowl combine cornflour and water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are soft (not mushy) and filling is thickened. Let bubble for 1 minute. Cool.
- For making Apple Pie Roll Ups:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut the crusts off your bread and roll each slice flat with a rolling pin.
- Pour the apple pie filling onto a plate and chop it so that the pieces are smaller. Put about 1-2 tbsp apple pie filling on each slice of bread and roll up.
- Dip each piece into melted butter. (Pour the melted butter in a dish and just roll there)
- Place seam side down on a butter paper lined dish and bake for 15 minutes- until brown and crispy.
My Tip: You can also serve these warm apple roll ups with vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel syrup!