How To Make No-Bake Egg Pudding
A simple and yum dessert with eggs and let me tell you no one can find out that this recipe has egg as the main ingredient. Your kids will definately love this.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for No-Bake Egg Pudding
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make No-Bake Egg Pudding
- 4 - eggs
- 1 liter - Milk
- 3/4 cup - Sugar
- 2 tbsp - Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1/2 tbsp - Cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron
- 10 - Cashews broken into pieces
Steps to make No-Bake Egg Pudding
- Bring milk to a boil and leave this on low flame to reduce to 2/3 rd of its consistency. Turn off the flame. Leave milk to come down to room temperature.
- Soak saffron strands in 1 tbsp of lukewarm milk.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel beat eggs and add in milk and ghee. Whisk to combine.
- On a low flame, cook this mixture until water (whey) starts to separate. Add sugar and cardamom powder to this and continue cooking by stirring in between.
- Scrape the sides and bottom using a wooden spoon and cook till all the water evaporates/gets soaked in the recipe.
- When the pudding starts to stick to the spoon and turn glossy and sticky, then turn off the flame.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee to a pan and fry cashews until nice golden. Add these fried cashews to the pudding on top and serve warm.
My Tip: Don't use hot or warm milk in the recipe. This may spoil the taste of the recipe.