No-Bake Egg Pudding
How to make Ghee
- 4 - eggs
- 1 liter - Milk
- 3/4 cup - Sugar
- 2 tbsp - Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1/2 tbsp - Cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron
- 10 - Cashews broken into pieces
- Bring milk to a boil and leave this on low flame to reduce to 2/3 rd of its consistency. Turn off the flame. Leave milk to come down to room temperature.
- Soak saffron strands in 1 tbsp of lukewarm milk.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel beat eggs and add in milk and ghee. Whisk to combine.
- On a low flame, cook this mixture until water (whey) starts to separate. Add sugar and cardamom powder to this and continue cooking by stirring in between.
- Scrape the sides and bottom using a wooden spoon and cook till all the water evaporates/gets soaked in the recipe.
- When the pudding starts to stick to the spoon and turn glossy and sticky, then turn off the flame.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee to a pan and fry cashews until nice golden. Add these fried cashews to the pudding on top and serve warm.
My Tip: Don't use hot or warm milk in the recipe. This may spoil the taste of the recipe.