Eggless Chocolate Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker
- 1/2 cup - unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup - sugar granulated
- 1/4 cup - brown sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup - full cream milk
- 1 cup - heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon - choco-chips (optional)
- Whisk together cocoa powder and both sugars till combined well. Add milk to the cocoa mixture and again mix well for about 2-3 minutes by hand or 30 secs by hand-held mixer.
- Add in cream, vanilla extract and salt. Mix till well combined. Pour this mixture into your mixer jar and churn it for 10-15 minutes. The resulting mixture should resemble like a soft serve ice-cream.
- Transfer the mixture into a ice-cream container, or a pyrex dish with a lid or any air-tight container suitable for freezing.
- After 3-4 hours, remove from freezer and thaw for about a minute or two and then again churn the ice-cream. Pour it back into the container and freeze again.
- Repeat this after another 3-4 hours. Pour the mixture into the container and mix-in chocolate chips. Allow it to set finally overnight. Serve chilled.
My Tip: Use cream with at least 35% fat content to give firmer and richer ice-cream. Add chocolate chips in the end when you have finished repeated churning process and are ready to allow it to set for the final time. Repeated churning allows to remove any ice-crystals, leaving a smooth and perfect ice-cream.