Aalan/Pithle | How to make Aalan/Pithle
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Aalan/Pithle Recipe
Bottle gourd cooked in curd (buttermilk) and gram flour mixture.
Aalan/Pithle is one dish which makes its accompaniments tastier. With the right mix of flavours, Aalan/Pithle has always been everyone's favourite. This recipe by Mamta Joshi is the perfect one to try at home for your family. The Aalan/Pithle recipe is very simple and can be made in restaurant style using these ingredients. The time taken while preparing Aalan/Pithle is 5 minutes and the time taken for cooking is 10 minutes. This is recipe of Aalan/Pithle is perfect to serve 4 people. Aalan/Pithle is just the appropriate option to prepare when you have a get together or party at home. Be it kids or grownups, everyone just absolutely love Aalan/Pithle. So do try it next time and share your experience of cooking Aalan/Pithle by commenting on this page below!
Ingredients to make Aalan/Pithle
- Bottle gourd (lauki) peeled and finely chopped - 1/2 medium cup
- curd 1 medium cup (200 grams)
- water 3 medium cups (300 mililitre)
- Garlic 4-5 cloves peeled n diced
- Green chillies cut into pieces 2 number or as hot you like
- Gram flour (Besan) 4 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil 2 tablespoon For making pithla and 2 teaspoon for tadaka
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- asafoetida (hing ) a pinch
- Salt as per taste.
- For Tadka
- mustard seeds few
- Cumin seeds few
- sesame seeds few
- garlic 2-3 diced
- dry red chili 1-2
How to make Aalan/Pithle
My Tip:It thickens after cooling. That's why prepare just before a few minutes of lunch/dinner. Consume hot.