Key ingredients for Akbari daal
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Akbari daal
- Black urad whole - 250 gms
- Cream - 2 tbsp
- Curds beaten - 100 gms
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- A pinc of nutmeg powder
- Amchoor powder - 2 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Shahi masala - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chillies - 2
- Coriander fresh
- Ghee - 2 to 3 tbsp
Steps to make Akbari daal
- Overnight soak the whole black lentils/akki urad and pressure cook till soft.
- In a small pan put a little desi ghee and put jeera, let it splutters. Add the shahi masala and malai/cream.
- Add curd and stir till it leaves the sides of the pan. Add amchoor powder and a little nutmeg powder, chillies, add salt to taste and a little sugar.
- Add all the above masalas to the cooked dal and garnish with fresh coriander and a dash of cream.
My Tip: Shahi masala home made: made out of khus khus, rose leaves, almonds, cashew & elaichi.