How To Make Dahi Baingan/Dahi Baigana
Dahi baingana is a traditional Oriya recipe prepared simply with yogurt, deep fried eggplants and tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Dahi Baingan/Dahi Baigana
- 1no Medium Eggplant
- 1cup Yogurt (well beaten)
- 1tsp Chili powder
- 1/4tsp Turmeric powder
- 2tbsp Gram flour
- 1tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- pinch of Black salt
- 1tsp Grated ginger
- 1tsp Mustard seeds
- 2no Green chillies
- Few Curry leaves
Steps to make Dahi Baingan/Dahi Baigana
- Cut the eggplant into thin long slices. Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and gram flour, mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the eggplant pieces to a golden brown color and drain the excess of oil with a paper towel.
- Take the yogurt in a serving dish, add salt,black salt and roasted cumin powder and mix well.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add green chillies and grated ginger and curry leaves.
- Pour the tempered spiced to the yogurt mixture. Finally add the eggplants to the yogurt mixture.
- Top it with roasted cumin powder and red chili powder.