Beet Rava Ladoo
How to make Ghee
- Semolina – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Grated beetroot – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cashews – 5 + required for garnish
- Raisins – 5
- Roast cashew nuts and raisins in a tbsp. of ghee and set aside.
- Add grated beetroot and on low flame saute until moisture evaporates. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Dry roast sooji until light brown. Remove in a bowl and add sugar, sauted beetroot, cashews and raisins.
- Pour in remaining ghee and combine. Shape ladoos by gently adding in milk. Garnish with whole cashew on top for each ladoo.
- Leave this to dry for at least 2 hours and store.
My Tip: It can be refrigerated for 3 – 5 days , not more than that.