Aromatic Fritters / Omavalli Bajji / Cuban Oregano Fritters
- Oregano / Karpooravali leaves – 15 – 20
- Besan (chickpea flour) – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) a pinch
- Baking soda – a pinch (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Use freshly plucked leaves. Wash under running water.
- In a bowl mix besan flour, rice flour, salt, chilli powder,asafoetida and mix well. If using baking soda add at this stage.
- Add required water to make batter to bajji batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai , dip each leaf in the batter and fry till golden brown.
- Aromatic fritters is ready to serve.