How To Make Old Monk Chicken Wings
A simple and easy to prepare chicken wings recipe that is tender and juicy to eat.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time35mins
Ingredients to make Old Monk Chicken Wings
- 900 grams chicken wings
- Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking sake or rice wine
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 scallion cut into strips
- 3 heavy dashes black pepper powder
- 2 inch ginger peeled and coarsely diced
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon cooking sake or rice wine
- 2 tablespoon rum
Steps to make Old Monk Chicken Wings
- Clean the chicken wings thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Add all the Marinade ingredients to the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat up all the ingredients in the Glaze on low heat, stir and when it thickens, it’s ready to be used.
- Heat up the oven to 204 degrees celsius.
- Bake the chicken wings for 10 minutes, and then brush the glaze, and then bake again for 10 minutes.
- Repeat again with the glaze and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the surface slightly brown and charred.
- Remove from the oven, flambe the wings in rum just before serving.
- Top it with some sesame seeds and serve immediately.