How To Make Kabuli chana or chole (No onion or no garlic)
Kabuli chana or chole also can be make without onion and garlic. It is a popular north-indian dish which is pure vegetarian. This dish goes well with Naan, chapati, Parantha, bhatura, poori & rice.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time11Hours
Ingredients to make Kabuli chana or chole (No onion or no garlic)
- 1 1/2 cup - chole or kabuli chana or garbanzo beans
- 2 1/2 cup - water
- 2 - tomato medium size
- 2-3 - green chili
- 1 tbsp- oil
- 1 tbsp - chola masala
- 1 tbsp - tea leaves
- 1 /2 tsp - mango powder
- 1/2 tsp - tamarind paste
- A pinch of hing
- A small piece of ginger
- Salt as needed
- Some Finely chopped cilantro
- Some finely chopped or sliced ginger
Steps to make Kabuli chana or chole (No onion or no garlic)
- Soak the chole for 8-10 hrs or overnight with 1 tsp salt or 1/4 tsp baking soda. Wash them and drain them properly.
- Boil the water in a pan with tea leaves for 3-4 mins till the color of water become blackish. Strain the water and discard the tea leaves. Keep this water aside.
- Ad tomato, green chili and ginger in a blender to make the puree.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add hing, tomato puree and 1 tbsp salt and cook it for 5-6 mins. Add chola masala. Cook for 2-3 mins more.
- Add soaked cholaeand water and cook for 15-18 mins on medium gas or until cooker pressure has 6-8 whistle on medium gas.
- Add tamarind paste and Mango powder. Cook it for 4 mins on medium gas, Chola is ready.
- Garnish with ginger and cilantro.
My Tip: You can adjust the spices as per your taste. You can adjust the amount of water according the thickness of the gravy. chole masala can be use for chaat by spreading over samosa or khocdi or papdi etc.