How to make Ghee
- 200 grams basmati rice soaked
- 1 cup mixed vegetables ( french beans carrot and peas)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cardamom
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 clove
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- Take a pressure cooker, heat the ghee and oil together in it. Put in the clove, cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon and bayleaf. Sauté and cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Next, add in the onions, ginger-garlic paste. Sauté and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Then put in the chopped mixed vegetables, along with salt and soaked rice. Saute this mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of hot water and give it a good stir. Let this cook on medium heat until 2-3 whistles blow.
- Serve hot with a side of a veg or non-veg gravy.