- Cooked rice 2 cups
- grated coconut 3/4 cup
- 3 to 4 red chillies slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 8 to 10 cashewnuts
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon gram dal
- A pinch asaefotida
- Cook the rice such that each grain is separate, you can use leftover rice also.
- Heat oil in the pan and pop the mustard seeds.
- Add the urad dal, chana dal and cashew nuts and fry for few minutes on a low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Add the chilies, curry leaves & asaefoetida.
- Add the grated coconut and roast for a few minutes till its gets dry and starts getting a slight color change. Do not let it change color completely.
- Add required salt and cooked rice.
- Stir fry till everything gets mixed well and switch off the flame.
- Coconut rice is ready to be served.
My Tip: Instead of rice, substitute with sewai, rahi sewai, or sewaiya to make coconut sewai.