Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup coconut powder
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried nuts crushed (almonds walnuts cashewnuts)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins apricot)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Gather your ingredients.
- Then, mix the nuts, oats, coconut powder, sunflower seeds in a baking dish with sides. Toast them in the oven for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently so that they don’t get burned.
- Meanwhile, prepare a glass baking dish (about 11 x 13 inches) for your granola by lining it with parchment paper.
- Put the brown sugar, honey, butter, vanilla, and salt into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. When it has melted, turn off the stove.
- With a large spoon or spatula, stir the liquid into the oat mixture, making sure all the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Now, dump your granola mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Pour the granola into the prepared pan and, with damp hands, press the granola evenly into the pan.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Then continue to cool the granola bars for about two hours, or until set.
- I wrap ours individually in plastic wrap, so that I could just throw one into my kids lunch box in the morning.
- If you’d like to save on packaging though, you can store yours in an airtight container, between sheets of parchment paper (so they don’t stick together).
- Enjoy! Relish your granola bar