Moong and Spinach Soup
- 200 gm Spinach/Paalak
- 1 tbsp husked moong dal/moong dal
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp refined wheat flour aka maida
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- Pluck the spinach leaves and discard the stems, wash the spinach leaves in several changes of water. Drain and set aside. Wash the dal and drain.
- Pressure cook the spinach and dal with 1 & 1/2 cups of water for 10 minutes after the cooker reaches full pressure.
- Cook & blend the spinach & dal to smooth puree. Melt butter in a pan over moderate heat, add flour & cook.
- Stir continuously till it sizzles, pour in the milk & stir vigorously to avoid any lumps. Cook, stirring continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Add the pureed spinach and dal, salt and pepper. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.