How To Make Kulcha
One of the most loved Punjabi dish, kulcha is an Indian bread which tastes great with chole on the side.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Kulcha
- 220 grams all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and half tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/4 cup curd
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Butter as required to spread
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Steps to make Kulcha
- Take a bowl and put in the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda together. Mix them well together.
- Next, pour in the oil and combine it well with the rest of the ingredients. Now add in the curd alongwith water and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes. After this time period, divide the dough into equal portions and make ball shapes.
- Then, roll the dough balls into thick and round shapes. Sprinkle a few nigella seeds and roll it so that it is evenly spread over the kulcha.
- Flip the roti over and then brush the other side with water.
- Place the water side over a hot tawa, as soon as some bubbles start forming, put the tawa upside down so that the kulcha gets directly cooked on the flame.
- Once the kulcha is cooked, you will see some black spots on top of it. Transfer the kulcha to a plate and spread the butter on top.
- Serve hot alongside chole and a green salad.