1. Wash the meat thoroughly and pat dry. Pierce the meat all over with a skewer.
2. Rub the meat with onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste mixed with worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and vinegar and keep it aside for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes after the meat has tenderised.
4. Heat oil to smoking in a deep pan, reduce to medium heat and brown the meat well on all sides.
5. Add the water to the pan, cover and simmer for 2 hours, basting sometimes with the juices that come out of it.
6. Arrange the potatoes around the meat, lift out the meat and potatoes when they are cooked.
7. Add a bit of water if required for the gravy, cover and cook for more 20 mins.
8. Serve it hot with potatoes and the gravy.