Quinoa Apricot & Almond Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried apricots coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup silvered almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup mint chopped or julienned
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves or squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water, quinoa and dried apricots to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Mix the quinoa, almonds, green onions and mint and toss with the mixture of the apricot preserves, oil, lemon, juice, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Serve at warm or at room temperature or chilled, as per choice.