Mix vegetable pulao/pilaf
- 2 cups /250 gms - basmati rice
- 1/4 cup - carrots
- 1/4 cup - peas
- 1/4 cup - capsicum
- 1 - onion
- 1 - tomato (small)
- 2 - green cardamom (hari elaichi )
- 2 - cloves
- 1 inch - cinnamon
- 4 tbsp - oil
- 3 tbsp - coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp - ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp - mint
- 1/4 tsp - red chili powder
- salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for at least 30 mins. Chop all the veggies and set aside .
- Mean while add 4 cups of water to another pot and bring it to boil .
- Heat oil to a deep sauce pan, add onions and the whole spices and cook until golden brown .
- Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy .
- Add all the remaining spices and veggies and cook for 1 minute. Now add the hot water to the veggies .
- Drain water from soaked rice and add it to the veggie-water .Add salt ,mint and coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until rice is done 3/4 . Lower the heat to minimum, cover and stay it on dum until you see steam coming out of the lid and the rice is almost done .
- Serve hot with curry or pickle of your choice .
My Tip: Make sure you drain the rice well before adding other wise rice turns out to be soggy. You can use your choice of veggies. Step 4 is just to fasten up the cooking ,water can directly be added and brought to boil . Before putting it to dum there should be a bite in the grain of rice ,other wise you will end up to a soggy rice Do not over cook the veggies as they loose their color as well as taste .