Key ingredients for Gajar ka halwa
How to make Ghee
How to make Khoya
Ingredients to make Gajar ka halwa
- 1 kg - red carrots
- 1 cup - milk
- 150 gms - sugar
- 30 gms - almonds
- 30 gms - cashews
- 3 tbsp (heaped) - ghee/clarified butter
- 1/2 tsp - cardamom powder
- For instant Mawa:
- 200 ml - fresh cream
- 140 gms - milk powder
Steps to make Gajar ka halwa
- Mix both milk powder, cream and microwave for 2 1/2 mins. Stir for every 1 minute. Allow it to cool completely and use.
- For the Halwa: Add ghee to a pan and fry cashews until golden and set aside. Blanch almonds, peel and chop them.
- To the same ghee, add grated carrots and saute for a good 15 - 20 mins on a low flame. Now add milk and cook until the milk dries up. Add mawa and cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve warm.
My Tip: You can use regular carrots too. Adjust sweetness as per your taste. If you prefer you can add condensed milk instead of khoya. Please do not add water .