Palak Karanji | How to make Palak Karanji (34 likes)
- By Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji
Created on 4th Nov 2015
About Palak Karanji
A Maharashtrian Sweet prepared with a twist. Keeping the Traditional Karanji in mind I thought of treating the spinach lovers and the spinach avoiders by using Spinach, Pistachio nuts, Jaggery, Honey, Whole wheat flour, Semolina , Dry coconut, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and other Indian flavourings in the filling.
Palak Karanji, a marvellous creation to spice up your day. Palak Karanji is one dish that no matter how much the stomach might be full, you just can't stop yourself from having a bite. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma absolutely is just mouth-watering. The aroma which arises while cookingPalak Karanji is just too tempting. This amazing recipe is provided by Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji. Be it kids or adults, no one can get away from this delicious dish. How to make Palak Karanji is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, the answer to this question is the simple yet exotic recipe by of Palak Karanjiby Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji. This recipe can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in this recipe just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Palak Karanji is just the appropriate recipe to serve as many as 12. The cooking time for this delicacy is not much. So, the next time you have a get together or a night party at home, don't forget to check and try out this recipe. It's that one delicacy that everyone's definitely going to love it!
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Palak Karanji
- Ingredients for the filling:
- Spinach leaves without stem – 01 bunch medium size.
- Jaggery grated fine - ½ cup
- Honey - ½ cup
- Pistachio nuts powder - 2 tsp
- Roughly chopped pistachio nuts - 6 tbsp
- Raisins - 15 gms
- Whole wheat flour - 1/4 th cup
- Semolina - Äµ th cup
- Dry coconut grated - ï†¾ th cup
- Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Poppy seeds - 1 ½ tbsp
- Pure Ghee /Peanut oil - 1 ½ tsp
- Green cardamom powder - ½ tsp.
- Nutmeg powder - a pinch
- Ingredients for the outer crust:
- Semolina - Äµ th cup
- All-purpose flour - 1 ï†¾ th cups
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Pure ghee - 1 ½ tbsp.
- Milk – ½ cup or as required
- For covering the dough: Muslin cloth
- For Deep frying: Pure Ghee - as required for deep frying