Fresh Figs with Lychee Honey - Nut Shrikhand
If you are looking to prepare some non-traditional, quick dessert this Diwali, here's a refreshing guilt free dessert, Figs with Lychee Honey -Nut Shrikhand. Fresh Figs are paired with homemade low calorie version of Shrikhand, using Honey and mixed Nut Chikki.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- 7-8 Fresh firm figs
- 1/2 cup Hung curd (preferably homemade)
- 2 tbsp Lychee honey (or plain honey) + 1 tbsp for drizzling
- 2-3 tbsp mixed nut Chikki (or any nut Brittle)
- A small pinch grated Nutmeg (Jaiphal)
- Add 2 tbsp honey and nutmeg to the hung curd and mix it well. Pass it through a strainer/sieve to remove any lumps. Mix again and refrigerate for 1 hour or till it is ready to be used.
- Wash, dry and snip off the stems of the figs. Make a cross cut from the top of each fig to about 3/4th of the way down (do not cut through). Slightly pull the quarters apart.
- Place them on the serving plate.
- Mix the crushed chikki with the chilled honey shrikhand. Spoon in some of the shrikhand into the cut figs.
- Drizzle some honey and sprinkle the crushed chikkis over the stuffed figs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
My Tip: Choose fresh firm figs as they are easy to cut and also because they are a bit tangy.