Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand /Saffron Cardamom Yogurt
Shrikhand is an Indian sweet dish made of strained yogurt. It is very simple to prepare and tastes yummy. This Shrikhand can be prepared with a variety of flavors like mango, elaichi, kesar, strawberry etc. But the basic recipe remains the same.Today let’s prepare this heavenly Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand . I have prepared just half cup of it to finish by today itself as I didn’t want to store it in the refrigerator. You can increase the quantity of ingredients if you want to prepare more.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time0Minutes
- Hung Curd/Yogurt- 1 1/2 Cup
- Kesar/Saffron + few extra to sprinkle on top 5-6 Strands
- Milk- 1/2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Take yogurt in a muslin cloth or any thin kitchen cotton cloth lined on a strainer . Keep the strainer on top of a deep bottom vessel so that all the liquid (whey) drains off.
- Get the opposite ends together to make a knot by tying one edge around the rest.
- Gently press and you will see the water(Whey) dripping down.Keep something heavy on top over night or for 4-5 hours.
- Next day, untie the knot and remove the dry yogurt in a bowl.
- In the mean time, soak saffron strands in the warm 1/2 tablespoon milk for 10 minutes.Loosen The yogurt with a fork.
- Add sugar, saffron milk and cardamom powder and mix well till it becomes smooth and creamy. Sprinkle some saffron strands on shrikhand for garnishing. Enjoy this sweet Yogurt dip with Poori or chapati.