How To Make Kachori and Aloo Ki Tari (Banarasi Style)
I had these kachoris with aloo tari in a marriage breakfast thali in U.P, what these kachori walas sell for breakfast is not stuffed, they are just like our puris. But they are so flaky and just melt in the mouth, so this is a traditional breakfast from U.P (especially Varanasi). Serve these kachoris with Aloo tari and gulab jamoon or khoye ki burfi or jelabi.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Kachori and Aloo Ki Tari (Banarasi Style)
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Kachori and Aloo Ki Tari (Banarasi Style)
- Ingredients for Kachori (Banarasi Style):
- Maida- 1 cup (you can use wheat flour too)
- A pinch of salt
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Ingredients for aloo ki tari:
- Potatoes- 4 medium sized (Boiled, then peeled and cut into cubes)
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- To make the paste:
- Onions- 2 medium sized, cut into cubes
- Garlic- 4 cloves
- Tomatoes- 2 big sized, cut into cubes
- Ginger- 1/2 inch piece, peeled and chopped
Steps to make Kachori and Aloo Ki Tari (Banarasi Style)
- Making the Kachori:
- Mix maida and ghee in a bowl and rub it between your palms, this should look like bread crumbs, then add water and make a soft dough. Leave it aside for 10-30 mins.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll them to make small puris.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, drop in the kachoris one by one slowly into the hot oil and fry till they turn golden in colour.
- Serve it hot with Aloo ki Tari.
- To make the Aloo ki Tari:
- Grind all the listed ingredients to make a smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add the cumin seeds, let them crackle, add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Keep the flame low, stir once and add the onion and tomato puree.
- Cook for five minutes in a low heat then add salt to taste, mix it well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add in the potato cubes with 2 cups of water, mix well and check the seasoning to adjust. Cover and cook in a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve it hot with kachori (puri).