How To Make Microwave Quick Chivda
Now since it is festival season, I had lots to prepare, so thought of making this quick microwave chivda to save time. The outcome is really the same as you do with the traditional method plus you require less oil so it is healthier too.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Microwave Quick Chivda
- Thick Poha/Beaten Rice- 3 cups
- Granulated white sugar or powdered Sugar- 1 Tablespoon
- Raw Peanuts- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Hing /Asafoetida- Pinch
- Oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- 1 Teaspoon- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Green Chillies finely chopped- 2-3
- Curry Leaves- 5-6
Steps to make Microwave Quick Chivda
- Heat oil in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 mins. In that add tempering ingredients and microwave for 2 mins or until you see all the mustard seeds crackled.
- Now mix peanuts and microwave again for 3 -4 mins, stiring after every minute.
- Add hing, turmeric powder and microwave for few seconds.
- Add poha and mix well. Microwave for 3-4 mins. Check if it is crisp.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together sugar and salt and pour chivda in this . Mix well. And there your Crispy,quick and Instant Poha Chivda is ready.